Wednesday, December 21, 2005

iPOOOOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/khan]

My iPod (4th generation 20 gig click wheel) has worked just fine since I bought it in March of 2005; recently (over the last month) it has begun to behave quite oddly:

- it claims to be out of power even though I know it's charged up
- it skips songs by itself and/or freezes up
- at one point the all of songs “disappeared”, then came back, but it still skips songs (in the middle of the song mostly), or freezes (mostly at the end of songs), THEN skips to the next song.

Now my computer will not recognize my iPod (it just sits there, while the iPod makes clicking/restarting noises), and iTunes will not update my iPod. I have tried resetting it, I tried different cables, different computers, I tried charging the iPod completely before connecting...but nothing helps.

I found several articles on the internet suggesting that for these types of problems there are but two options:

1) replace the hard drive (i.e., new/refurbished iPod, lose all music not backed up, meaning ALL music, as I’m having trouble with my backup drive as well)
2) drop the iPod from three inches onto a desk.

Out of frustration, I tried #2. My iPod is now working perfectly.

Sigh.

Viva la caveman.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BACK UP YOUR IPOD!!!

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:02:00 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Done and done.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:03:00 AM  
Blogger Juhwawa said...

Your tip#2 worked for me. I can't believe it. My ipod had exactly the same issues you were describing. It started happening when I started running training. I wonder if it is some kind of problem with the hard drive sticking. Anyway, thanks for posting that.

Sunday, March 05, 2006 12:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home