Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'll *cough* Smoke Where *cough* I Damn Well *cough* Please!!!

I'm of two minds on this. The GF smokes; and I do enjoy an occasional cigar. At the same time, I understand that smoke bothers some people; and that servers & bartenders don't seem to get much of a choice in the matter. I think the solution is rather simple: make some bars and restaurants smoke friendly (with signs posted warning people before entry), let people who WANT to work there do so, and make all businesses that do NOT want smoking indoors smoke-free. Telling all businesses that they can't do something seems a bit rigid; like telling them they can't serve fried/fatty foods. Sure, there are things that are bad for you in the world; but make it an individual choice, not a blanket descision.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the GF what smokes, and I like things the way I like them. I like to smoke when I drink, and I do NOT like smoke where I eat. I would not be opposed to all establishments that are primarily for EATING would be non-smoking-- but COME ON-- if you're guzzling jager-bombs, don't try to tell me you give a shit about your health. As for the waitstaff/bartenders etc.-- they make good money in comparison to the level of education they have to have. That being said--so do coal miners. Get it?

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 8:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home